Rue Jean Jaurès, the main street in Brest, and on the tram route.
The breath-taking coastline, buzzing student life, diverse sports facilities, especially water sports amenities, its rich cultural program, good means of communication …everything is there in Brest to give you the best years of your life.
And to start the year off on a good foot, every year, the city of Brest prepares a reception that you will never forget! with 5 highlights
- The official welcome from the Mayor: a reception held in the Salon Richelieu at the City Hall to wish you welcome.
- The foreign students’ evening: an evening celebration to meet and get to know each other, organized by the associations hosting foreign students.
The Stroll Brest student reception evening (2013 edition).
The Bureau des Eleves (Student Union) will also offer you a fun-filled and friendly welcome, culminating in the integration weekend.
Brest Roadstead is a 180 km² stretch of water
- 23 500 students, 2000 of which are foreign
- One university and 8 graduate and postgraduate institutes
- Easy transport by tram, bus, bike and soon the first urban cable car in France
- Accessible accommodation : in the Student Halls of Residence on campus or in town
- Sports for all with 124 activities and 225 associations to choose from
- An exceptionally rich cultural profile
To find out more : Discover the Brest Campus website
How to get to Brest:
- 2 free motorways from Rennes (east) to Brest and Nantes (south-east) to Brest.
- 15 rail links from Brest Railway Station with Paris via high speed trains.
- 9 daily flights from Brest Airport to Paris; regular flights to Bordeaux, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Toulon, London and more.
- Ferries to Great Britain and Ireland